Job no: 504458 Employment type Full time Property / Office: Mandarin Oriental, Miami Location: Miami, FL, United States Department: Management (Director), Public Relations
The Group Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world. Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world’s most sought-after properties, the Group provides 21st century luxury with oriental charm. Above all, Mandarin Oriental is renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place. The Group regularly receives international recognition and awards for quality management and legendary service hospitality. Our Hotel With 326 guest rooms and 31 suites, Mandarin Oriental, Miami is located in Brickell Key and is a prime location for both business and leisure guests. It is an urban resort with Miami’s only private beach. Overview of Position Under the direction of the Director of Sales & Marketing, the Director of Public Relations develops, implements and executes the hotel’s annual public relations strategy. Executes all actions outlined in the public relations plan and works closely with the Digital Marketing Manager to ensure alignment and support of the hotel’s revenue generating efforts. Other responsibilities include but not limited to:Advertised: 10 Apr 2019 Eastern Daylight Time Applications close:
- Serve as Brand ambassador internally and externally, and as hotel spokesperson with external media
- Implement tactical media relations activity in line with hotel’s business needs and objectives
- Ensure strong working relationship with MOHG’s international PR network and MOHG Corporate Communications Team for maximum reach of initiatives
- Ensure hotel receives regular exposure in local and international media through print, online, radio and television through proactive and reactive PR actions
- Plan, organize and oversee all photography and videography sessions for the hotel to ensure the right assets are in place for media, digital and collateral use. These include major collateral photography, food and beverage shots and press release photos
- Assist in the preparation and update of the annual Sales, Marketing and Communications Plan, under the direction of the Director of Sales & Marketing
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience in the similar position, preferably in a luxury setting.
- Flexible schedule is required, including weekends and holidays.
- Have excellent communication and organization skills.
- Must be able to work in a high-pace and dynamic operation.
- Able to work together with other colleagues.
- Have a pleasant, friendly and helpful manner.
- Work in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
- Able to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Able to consistently delight and satisfy our guest.
- Able to handle guest requests in a detailed manner.