Program Mission:The Accounting for Managers Certificate program consists of (5) five accounting courses. The program provides business professionals an opportunity to learn the fundamental of accounting. Students can complete accounting courses that may meet CPA requirements for certain states. Also, the program is available for professionals interested in entering the accounting field with limited accounting education. Graduates of the program can apply the essential knowledge learned to enter the accounting industry. Moreover, the credits earned while completing the program can be applied to a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration at URBE University.
- Demonstrate quantitative knowledge by using accounting models to define, represent, and solve mathematical problems.
- Developed critical thinking to analyze financial transactions.
- Able to prepare and analyze financial statements.
- Recommend a course of action within an external reporting situation utilizing accounting standards to justify your rational.
- Develops business professional to understanding basics principles of accounting.
- Students who complete the program will have the skills to enter the workforce directly as an accounting para-professional.
- The program will guide and develop graduates to pursue jobs with businesses, government agencies, professional, and non-profit organizations.
- Prepares students to sit for the CPA Certificate program for those who have already attained bachelor’s degrees for the uniform CPA examination and entrance into the profession of accounting. The requirements are set by each state board of accountancy. Please consult with the Board of Accountancy in your respective state for CPA course requirements.
Course Delivery Model:URBE University is committed to educating students to be productive, engaged and responsible citizens. The program will supply the financial workforce with individuals who are both technically skilled or seeking training to develop their accounting skillsets. Regardless if you are a mid-level professional looking to switch careers, or a seasoned business leader trying to advance your career, the program can enhance your business skills. Students can complete their program at our modern facility with state-of-the-art technology in the evenings twice a week.
- Submit a high school diploma or a GED.
- Submit a completed admissions application.
- Submit a $100 nonrefundable application fee.
- Submit an updated resume.
- Submit a personal statement that describes the applicant’s professional accomplishments and goals.
- Copy of valid government issued ID.
- Online students must have access to the Internet.
- Students applying for the graduate program must also submit a copy of their official transcripts from their undergraduate. Have achieved a minimum undergraduate grade point average of at least 2.0 (4.0).