In this program, you will integrate ideas, practices, and tools from several to explore and actively practice with the design, assessment, application, and use of new media in formal and informal educational settings. You will have opportunities to explore a variety of technologies and new media, and their application to educational issues. You will also have opportunities to explore research behind “new literacies” that describe cognitive processes and social practices at play as people construct, produce, use and understand information that takes the different forms enabled by contemporary new media. Through these explorations, you will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to develop, implement, and assess new media with respect to their impact on learning and teaching. Finally, you will have the opportunity through your coursework to gain practical experience that will allow you to put these ideas, practices, and tools to use in real-world settings and projects. The student will be able to choose one of the following areas of specialization: Virtual Learning, Learning Design and Technology, or Instructional Design and Development.
Login from anywhere
Face to face classes
Access to On-Campus resources
Better interaction with you instructors and peers
Upon the completion of the program, you will be able to:
1. Express the idea of “new media” and how it can support learning and teaching in a range of formal and informal contexts.
2. Identify the new literacies and the manner in which new media can impact and evolve the notion of literacy.
3. Describe learning theories and a literacy theory to develop a conceptual frame to guides the implementation and use of new media to support learning and literacy.
4. Identify and implement best practices in use of emerging technologies to support the student learning.
5. Effectively integrate digital technology into curriculum to maximize student learning.
6. Develop critical perspectives on how new media can be and is currently being employed in different contexts.
7. Appraise the ethical uses of digital information and technology to teach digital citizenship and global awareness.
8. Justify the selection of learning activities and assessment options using theories, standards and frameworks for implement appropriate instructional strategies for digital delivery.
9. Possess the skills to communicate effectively their work in new media and new literacies to learners.
10. State the strategic guidelines aimed to achieve the learning goals.
Tuition, fees, and other expenses
(One time only)
|Program Total Credit Hours||Total per Credit Hour||Total per semester |
(based on full time enrollment)
|$100.00 USD||45 credit hours||$400.00 per credit hour||$4,800.00 USD|
For more details on Tuition and Payment options, please click here.